University of Hawai‘i
Conflicts of Interest in Research
Pursuant to the recently approved reorganization of operations under the Vice President for Research and Innovation (VPRI) the Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) responsibilities have moved from the Office of Research Services (ORS) to the Office of Research Compliance (ORC), Research Integrity Program.
For questions or concerns regarding FCOI, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UH Policies and Procedures
- Executive Policy EP12.214 – Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Administrative Procedures AP5.504 – Procedures for Disclosing and Addressing Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Administrative Procedures AP12.304 – Procedures for Disclosing and Addressing Conflicts of Interest Related with Extramurally-Funded Activities
Management of Conflicts of Interest
Training — Mandatory For PHS-funded Investigators
- What are Significant Financial Interests (SFI)?
- 42 CFR Part 50, Subpart F – Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for which PHS Funding is Sought
- 45 CFR Part 94 – Responsible Prospective Contractors
- FCOI Information from the National Institutes of Health
Request FCOI Information
In accordance with UH Policy and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), 42 CFR Part 50, regulation on Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for which Public Health Service (PHS) Funding is Sought, the public may request information about Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) related to extramurally-funded awards. Please submit requests by emailing email@example.com.