University of Hawai‘i
Modifying a Protocol
Circumstances for submitting modification request include:
- Change in research site
- Change in PI
- Change to the approved protocol
- Revisions to study documents (i.e. Informed consent, recruiting flyers, survey instruments, etc).
- Adding research materials
Guidance on completing the Modification Form can be found in SOP 115.3.
Modification Application Forms
- To modify an applications submitted and approved via eProtocol, use the eProtocol Modification form: Access the eProtocol system
- Modify an approved protocols predating eProtocol (originally approved prior to June 2016): Request for IRB Approval of a Study Modification form
- Modify a protocols approved by the Cooperative IRB: Request for IRB Approval of a Study Modification form
Exempt research predating eProtocol
For research approved as exempt and predating eProtocol, no modification form is needed. Submit your request of changes via email to email@example.com, referencing your CHS number in the subject line.
If you are unsure of what form to use, contact the Human Studies Program Office.